Admission is by random lottery, with priority given to:
- Siblings of pupils already enrolled.
- Students indicating on their admissions application for Kindergarten that they speak a language other than English at home; for grades 1-2, students that are currently receiving English Language Learner services (especially those in Community School District 1). At least 20% of newly admitted students must indicate that they primarily speak a language other than English at home.
- All students who live within Community School District 1.
The application deadline for inclusion in the 2015-16 school year lotteries is April 1, 2015. We are still accepting applications for Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade for both Manhattan Charter School and Manhattan Charter School 2 for inclusion on our 2014-15 waitlist as well. At this piont, you may choose to apply to both Manhattan Charter School and Manhattan Charter School 2 for the 2015-16 school year lottery or the 2014-15 waitlist.
See which School District you live in with New York City’s Geographic Online Address Translator.
School Tour Information
Tours will be held at Manhattan Charter School and Manhattan Charter School 2 weekly:
There will be no more than six guests in a group for each tour. Perspective parents should call the main office of each school to schedule a tour.
Download the application by click on the “Apply here” button on the left. An application to MCS and/or MCS2 must be delivered with an original signature in one of four ways:
- Via mail (Manhattan Charter School, 100 Attorney Street, New York, NY 10002)
- In person between 9 am-4 pm on school days
(Manhattan Charter School, 100 Attorney Street, Room 112 or Manhattan Charter School 2, 220 Henry Street)
- Scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Via fax to (212) 533-2820.
Please call (212) 533-2743 to confirm your application has been received.
To download and print application, Adobe Reader required.