Admission is by random lottery, with priority given in the following order:
- Siblings of pupils already enrolled
- Students indicating on this admissions application for Kindergarten that they speak a language other than English at home; for grades 1-3, are currently receiving English Language Learner services, with priority given to those students who live in Community School District 1
- Students who primarily speak English at home and live within Community School District 1
- All other eligible students entering Kindergarten through 3rd Grade
The application deadline for the upcoming 2016-17 school year was April 1, 2016. All eligible applications received by the April deadline will be included in the admissions lottery, scheduled for April 6 at 6:00pm at Manhattan Charter School. Notice of acceptance or waitlist status will be provided to every applicant in the lottery.
We are now accepting applications for Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade for both Manhattan Charter School and Manhattan Charter School 2. Students can apply for the 2016-17 school year waitlist in addition to the 2015-16 waitlist; see the application instructions below.
Alternatively, you can download the paper application by clicking here. A paper application to MCS and/or MCS2 must be delivered with an original signature in one of four ways:
- Via mail (to the school address listed in application letterhead)
- In person between 9 am-4 pm on school days
(Manhattan Charter School is at 100 Attorney Street, Room 112 or Manhattan Charter School 2 at 220 Henry Street on the second floor. Click here for directions to each school.)
- Scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via fax to (212) 533-2820.
Please call (212) 533-2743 to confirm your application has been received.
See which School District you live in with New York City’s Geographic Online Address Translator.
To download and print application, Adobe Reader is required.