Admission is by random lottery, with priority given to:
- Siblings of pupils already enrolled
- Students indicating on this admissions application for Kindergarten that they speak a language other than English at home; for grades 1-2, are currently receiving English Language Learner services (especially those in Community School District 1)
- Students who primarily speak English at home and live within Community School District 1
- All other eligible students entering Kindergarten through 2nd Grade
The application deadline for inclusion in the 2015-16 school year lotteries is April 1, 2015. We are still accepting applications for Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade for both Manhattan Charter School and Manhattan Charter School 2 for inclusion on our 2013-14 waitlist as well. At this piont, you may choose to apply to both Manhattan Charter School and Manhattan Charter School 2 for the 2015-16 school year lottery or the 2014-15 waitlist.
See which School District you live in with New York City’s Geographic Online Address Translator.
Download the application by click on the “Apply here” button on the left. An application to MCS and/or MCS2 must be delivered with an original signature in one of four ways:
- Via mail (Manhattan Charter School, 100 Attorney Street, New York, NY 10002)
- In person between 9 am-4 pm on school days
(Manhattan Charter School, 100 Attorney Street, Room 112 or Manhattan Charter School 2, 220 Henry Street)
- Scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Via fax to (212) 533-2820.
Please call (212) 533-2743 to confirm your application has been received.
To download and print application, Adobe Reader required.