Admission is by random lottery, with priority given in the following order:
- All siblings of currently enrolled students.
- Twenty percent of available seats set aside for students who indicated on their application that they speak a language other than English at home, with preference given to those students who live in Community School District 1.
- All students who live within Community School District 1 (as required by law).
- All other eligible students.
The application deadline for inclusion in the 2015-16 school year lotteries was April 1, 2015. The lottery for admission for both sites was held on Tuesday, April 7. Notice of acceptance or waitlist status was provided to every applicant in the lottery.
We are still accepting applications for Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade for both Manhattan Charter School and Manhattan Charter School 2 for inclusion on our 2015-16 waitlist; see the application instructions below.
See which School District you live in with New York City’s Geographic Online Address Translator.
Download the application by clicking on the “Apply here” button to the left. An application to MCS and/or MCS2 must be delivered with an original signature in one of four ways:
- Via mail (Manhattan Charter School, 100 Attorney Street, New York, NY 10002)
- In person between 9 am-4 pm on school days
(Manhattan Charter School is at 100 Attorney Street, Room 112 or Manhattan Charter School 2 at 220 Henry Street on the second floor.)
- Scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via fax to (212) 533-2820.
Please call (212) 533-2743 to confirm your application has been received.
To download and print application, Adobe Reader is required.