Admission is by random lottery, with priority given to:
- Siblings of pupils already enrolled.
- Students indicating on their admissions application for Kindergarten that they speak a language other than English at home; for grades 1-2, students that are currently receiving English Language Learner services (especially those in Community School District 1). At least 20% of newly admitted students must indicate that they primarily speak a language other than English at home.
- All students who live within Community School District 1.
The application deadline for inclusion in the 2015-16 school year lotteries is April 1, 2015. The lottery for admission for both sites will be held in the auditorium of 100 Attorney Street at 6:00pm on Tuesday, April 7. Applicants and parents are invited, but not required to attend. Notice of acceptance or waitlist status will be provided shortly after the lottery.
We are still accepting applications for Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade for both Manhattan Charter School and Manhattan Charter School 2 for inclusion on our 2014-15 waitlist as well. At this point, you may choose to apply to both Manhattan Charter School and Manhattan Charter School 2 for the 2015-16 school year lottery or the 2014-15 waitlist.
See which School District you live in with New York City’s Geographic Online Address Translator.
School Tour Information
Tours will be held at Manhattan Charter School and Manhattan Charter School 2 weekly until March 31:
There will be no more than six guests in a group for each tour. Perspective parents should call the main office of each school to schedule a tour.
Download the application by clicking on the “Apply here” button to the left. An application to MCS and/or MCS2 must be delivered with an original signature in one of four ways:
- Via mail (Manhattan Charter School, 100 Attorney Street, New York, NY 10002)
- In person between 9 am-4 pm on school days
(Manhattan Charter School at 100 Attorney Street, Room 112 or Manhattan Charter School 2 at 220 Henry Street)
- Scanned and emailed to email@example.com
- Via fax to (212) 533-2820.
- You can also apply directly online to Manhattan Charter School and Manhattan Charter School 2 by clicking on the following links: Manhattan Charter School Online Application & Manhattan Charter School 2 Online Application. If you would like to apply to both schools, you must apply to each school separately.
Please call (212) 533-2743 to confirm your application has been received.
To download and print application, Adobe Reader required.