We are now accepting applications for Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade for both Manhattan Charter School and Manhattan Charter School 2. Students can apply for the 2017-18 school year as well as apply to transfer within this 2016-2017 school year. For information about school visit, please click here.
Click here to apply to Manhattan Charter Schools online!
A paper application to MCS and/or MCS2 must be delivered with an original signature in one of four ways:
- Via mail (see address below). If you apply to both schools, you can send the form to either building.
- In person between 9 am-4 pm on school days (see address below)
- Scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via fax to (212) 533-2820.
Addresses & Directions
Manhattan Charter School 1 Manhattan Charter School 2
(212) 533-2743 (212) 964-3792
100 Attorney Street, Room 112 220 Henry Street, Room 443
New York, NY 10002 New York, NY 10002
Click here for directions to each school.
Admission is by random lottery, with priority given in the following order:
- Siblings of students currently enrolled in MCS or MCS2.
- Students indicating that they speak a language other than English at home (if applying for Kindergarten), or are currently receiving English Language Learner services (if applying for grade 1-3).
- Students who live in Community School District 1. Find your district here.
- All other eligible students entering Kindergarten through 3rd Grade.
The application deadline for the upcoming 2017-18 school year is April 1, 2017. All eligible applications received by the April deadline will be included in the admissions lottery, scheduled on April 18. Notice of acceptance or waitlist status will be provided to every applicant in the lottery.
Applications received after April 1, 2017 are accepted, and will be reviewed on a case-to-case basis.