We are still accepting students for School Year 2017-2018. Your application will be automatically put on a waitlist, and we will contact you as soon as a seat opens.
Our admissions for School Year 2018-2019 begins September 1st, 2018.
Click here to apply to Manhattan Charter Schools online!
A paper application must be delivered with an original signature in one of four ways:
- By mail to one of the addresses below
- In person between 9 am-4 pm on school days. Click here for directions to each school.
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via fax to (212) 533-2820 or (212) 964-3795中文
Addresses & Directions
Manhattan Charter School 1 Manhattan Charter School 2
(212) 533-2743 (212) 964-3792
100 Attorney Street, Room 112 220 Henry Street, Room 443
New York, NY 10002 New York, NY 10002
Admission is by random lottery, with priority given in the following order:
- Siblings of students currently enrolled in MCS or MCS2.
- Students indicating that they speak a language other than English at home (if applying for Kindergarten), or are currently receiving English Language Learner services (if applying for grade 1-3).
- Students who live in Community School District 1. Find your district here.
- All other eligible students entering Kindergarten through 3rd Grade.
The application deadline for the upcoming 2018-19 school year is April 2, 2018. All eligible applications received by the April deadline will be included in the admissions lottery, scheduled on April 11, 2018. Notice of acceptance or waitlist status will be sent to all applicants.
Applications received after April 2, 2018 will be put on a waitlist, and reviewed on a case-to-case basis.