We are now accepting applications for Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade for both Manhattan Charter School and Manhattan Charter School 2. Students can apply for the 2017-8 school year as well as the 2016-17 waitlist.
A paper application to MCS and/or MCS2 must be delivered with an original signature in one of four ways:
- Via mail (to the school address listed in application letterhead). If you apply to both schools, you can send the form to either building.
- In person between 9 am-4 pm on school days
(Manhattan Charter School is at 100 Attorney Street, Room 112 or Manhattan Charter School 2 at 220 Henry Street on the second floor. Click here for directions to each school.)
- Scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via fax to (212) 533-2820.
Admission is by random lottery, with priority given in the following order:
- Siblings of students currently enrolled in MCS or MCS2.
- Students indicating that they speak a language other than English at home (if applying for Kindergarten), or are currently receiving English Language Learner services (if applying for grade 1-3). Priority given to students who live in Community School District 1.
- Students who live in Community School District 1 and primarily speak English at home.
- All other eligible students entering Kindergarten through 3rd Grade.
The application deadline for the upcoming 2017-18 school year is April 1, 2017. All eligible applications received by the April deadline will be included in the admissions lottery, scheduled for April 18 Manhattan Charter School. Notice of acceptance or waitlist status will be provided to every applicant in the lottery.
See which School District you live in with New York City’s Geographic Online Address Translator.