WHO CAN APPLY TO MCS?
Every child wishing to enroll in K-3 grades in New York State can apply for Manhattan Charter Schools.
DO STUDENTS GET PREFERENCES IN THE LOTTERY?
Yes. The following students receive preference in the lottery:
- Siblings of students currently enrolled in MCS or MCS2.
- Students indicating that they speak a language other than English at home (if applying for Kindergarten), or are currently receiving English Language Learner services (if applying for grade 1-3).
- Students who live in Community School District 1 and primarily speak English at home.
- All eligible students applying for Kindergarten – Grade 3.
IS THERE AN AGE CUT-OFF FOR APPLICANTS?
Yes, below are the age requirements:
- Kindergarten students must be born in 2017.
- First-graders must be born in 2016.
- Second-graders must be born in 2015.
- Third-graders must be born in 2014.
IF MY CHILD HAS AN IEP, CAN WE STILL APPLY?
Yes. MCS is a public school that serves all children. We offer many educational services specifically for children with IEPs.
IF ONE OF MY CHILDREN IS ACCEPTED, WILL YOU ACCEPT HIS/HER SIBLINGS?
Siblings of enrolled students will be moved to the top of the waitlist.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MANHATTAN CHARTER SCHOOL & MANHATTAN CHARTER SCHOOL 2?
The only difference is our locations.
CAN I VISIT THE SCHOOL?
Please click here for more information about school visit.