We believe effective, high quality teachers are the key to happy, high-achieving students. We invest heavily in hiring, training, and cultivating exceptional classroom teachers, in ways that simultaneously further their individual development, advance our larger institutional goals, and ultimately drive student performance.
As respected educational professionals, teachers receive a full spectrum support and time for development, including:
- Targeted Professional Development built into the school calendar – 2 weeks before the school year starts (3 weeks for new teachers) + 2 half days each month + 1 week at the end of school year
- Daily guidance, support, and feedback from content area experts in writing, literacy, and math and experienced Principals
- Opportunities to attend specialized trainings, school visits, and conferences based on individual needs, interests, and areas of specialization
- A full-time Instructional Assistant that is pursuing a Masters in Education to support student learning
- An operations team who have set up operational processes that support teachers, not burden them
MCS and MCS2 offer a competitive compensation package, including medical and dental insurance, bonuses based on school goals and student performance, and 403(b) benefits. In addition to extensive professional development, our teachers are equipped with all necessary instructional supplies and technology.
We are also committed to our teachers’ happiness and well-being. The schools provide catered lunch once per month, a holiday party and end-of-the-year party, and frequent cupcake deliveries to show our staff how much we truly appreciate their hard work and dedication. On the 2013-14 NYC School Survey, 100% of teachers at Manhattan Charter School have indicated that they feel supported by the principal and other teachers at the school.
What we’re looking for
- To be a classroom teacher at MCS you need a master’s degree in education and minimum of two years teaching experience working with a diverse student population that has multiple learning styles. You also need a passionate belief in, and alignment with, our guiding principles and educational philosophy, as well as a deep commitment to growing through professional development and working collaboratively with the rest of the team.
- To be an instructional assistant at MCS you need to be currently enrolled in a masters degree program in education and possess the same kind of passion and commitment outlined above.
Teacher selection is based on strong academic preparation, professional competence, intellectual rigor, emotional maturity, professional attitude, knowledge of instructional practices, and ability to contribute to the furtherance of MCS educational goals.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications without both a cover letter and resume will not be considered.
All applications received are confirmed by an automated email reply. Should we pursue your candidacy, we will be in touch to schedule an interview. Please submit any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org – we do not accept HR inquiries by phone.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire and promote without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.